Friday, June 10, 2011

Tav

For the past week and a half, we have learned the letter, the letter Tav!

If you use your imagination, you can see how a Tav kind of looks like an open Torah scroll with a letter (dot) in the middle. 
We spoke a lot about Torahs. Morah showed us Sephardic and Ashkenazic Torahs. We made a venn diagram showing the similarities and differences between the Torahs. We discovered that although the covers are different, the words inside are the same words that Hashem told Moshe! 
Another word that starts with Tav is the word tefilin. Tefilin (Phylacteries) are boxes that contain the some of the holiest words in the Torah, the Shema. It is a Mitzvah for men over the age of 13 to wear tefillin on their heads and on their arms. 

1 comment:

  1. hi my name is jack hazut my web sit is wwwisraelimage.net you have been using my photo without my permission please contact me jackhazut@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete